Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pictures of Our Land


It's springtime, I know it.

But here are some pictures of our land in other seasons. I love it here... and you can see why!

10.16.08
As the autumn sun settles down in the west, sometimes its last bright rays catch the tops of the trees to the east of us and make them glow! Breathtaking!
10.16.08

10.18.08 (8:31 am)
When the nights are quite cool, as they often are in October, and the morning rises bright with the promise of a warmer day, then a mist rises from the pond on the golf course.
It looks like magic!

1.19.09
In the winter, I live on the front of a Christmas card.

1.19.09
(8:41 am... remember that really, really cold day here? This is what I woke up to!)

1.19.09

1.19.09

1.8.09
This is the creek down at the corner, rippling quietly under its blankets.


1.8.09
And this is the aptly named natural beauty road.

.......
...

Of course, now it is spring, and the natural beauty road sings with the sound of birds and creeks waking.





It wears greens instead of white, and this,

~this right now~

is my favorite time of the year.



Spring is exploding into life!

How can I not be thankful?



(ps. Please remember that these pictures are ones I have taken and therefore are my property. Please do not use them without my permission. Thanks for understanding. I promise not to take your stuff, too, ok?)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you,thank you...lovely glimpse into your world. Jayne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks,I love your comments!