Monday, May 31, 2010

rain, and we return to normal scheduling


I woke early this morning to the sound of thunder rolling, rolling, long and loud, across a dripping wet sky six shades darker than usual... and also to the sweet sound of Husband coming home. He and two sons just got back from taking Sweet Girl back out west after a visit here. It was good to have her here for the week.

Very Good.

We shopped and talked, she got to hang with her family. We got to love on her for a few days.

But now she is gone again, and my deep love goes with her. I work on balance: to care, but not carry the burdens that are hers alone. I do love that girl! Love all these kids with whom I have been blessed. I am so proud of the way they look out for each other, care for each other. It's the way I think Christ would want us to act toward each other.

So the house returns to normal, the rain falls hard, the thunder hollers loud and deep, the grass practically glows green after the good soak, the sky rests dark, and we all move a little slower because it's a rainy day. Rainy days are good that way. Restful. Also good to moderate the temperatures, which have been so high lately that even I, who was so looking forward to warmth, had to come inside and cool off, drinking glass after glass of water to stay hydrated.

Today the temperatures are gentler. Today we can open the windows and hear the outdoor sounds, feel less insulated. Today we can smell the freshness of grass after rain, move at a comfortable pace, and not have to use caution to avoid heat exhaustion.
Today I can enjoy having Husband back home. I missed him.


3 comments:

  1. Amen, Kathy. It was a nice day. And a nice post here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful way with words. You are so
    far away from us here in PA. Your words and
    thoughts mean so much, what a beautiful way to
    keep in touch. Yes you have some beautiful kids
    I see so much love in their post. Love to all of you.wanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Wanda... I didn't know you had discovered my blog. What a nice surprise! Have a good day, cousin of mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks,I love your comments!