I am sitting on my deck right now, smelling grass that flies out of the mower as son cuts.
The mower was broken for a while
and the grass just kept on growing while it was out of commission.
(Wouldn't it be nice if grass - and other responsibilities - stopped growing
until we were ready to handle them?)
I love the smell of freshly cut grass. I watch the tall stalks of grass lie down and become like their brothers, all sheared the same...and looking good. Jack Red-Wing fusses at son, then swoops low over my head as if he holds me responsible for the disruption my son and his mower are causing.
The air is warm and perfect. 81 degrees and I can't imagine a more comfortable night. I wish I could move my bed out here so I could sleep in this 81 degree perfection, with the smell of grass, and the ideal temperature, and the sounds of life at night. Frogs and their friends.
I am thankful for....
318. perfect nights.
319. a strong son who willingly helps.
320. the smell of grass
321. sweet girl learning to mow the yard too
322. warmth, finally!
323. times for rest
324. "Life piles up." -- my wise friend, and she is right, and it's ok.
325. Sound of mower humming, growling at the tough places, then humming again.
326. How pretty the yard looks after it's mowed.
327. Romance. Not just the falling in love kind, but the finding beauty in every moment wherever you are kind. Which sometimes includes falling in love all over again.
328. watching a movie together that makes you laugh out loud.
329. mower coughing, spluttering on a thick, too-tall place, then skillful maneuvering getting past it without stalling and feeling like a conqueror!
330. Bugs. they say it's summertime! (or close, at least)
331. sun lowering, casting house shadow that climbs up the trees
332. this right now time after supper, when the day slows and winds down peaceful
333. family volleyball the other day! I dared to take part! No fear of ridicule this time.
334. Girl home from far away. for a few days. So good. So good.
335. family gatherings always fun and love-full, with laughing and talking and dealing and being. Together.
336. Birds singing bedtime songs.
337. Being able to be thankful. Sometimes it is hard, but right now, in this near perfect moment, it is so easy.