Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Valentine's Day

It's been a week and a half since Valentine's day, and I know it's kind of late, but I wanted to show you how some of my house celebrated that day:



Yes, indeed, they got out the lace and colored paper, the ribbons and glue and things that sparkle, and they made old-fashioned homemade Valentines to send to friends. Fun!

I had thought I would make some heart shaped biscuits, or some gingerbread heart cookies or something to celebrate the many loves in our lives. But when the Day got here, I did not have the energy. Winter is like that. It is usual for me to drag through February, and Valentine's Day comes at a time when I don't feel like doing anything. So the girls' own celebrating was a gift to me, even if they didn't know it. Watching my girls create red heartsy things made the holiday!


1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love Valentines Day! Good job girls helping your Moma feel in the up and up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks,I love your comments!