Monday, January 12, 2009

remembering a very bad day

Saturday was a strange day for me. It was exactly one year ago that day that we were in a car accident out halfway across the country on a road trip that should have been fun. I have pictures, but I don't want to post any. It was a genuine very bad day. We are ok, though. But Saturday here was snowy and the roads were not good. It reminded me too much of that other day. I didn't drive on Saturday. Not because I am superstitious (I don't think I was predisposed to get in another accident just because of the date), but I didn't want to be on the roads because it just felt weird. The roads were scary anyway because of the snow, and with my mind remembering another scary day I didn't want to drive. Just didn't. Does that make sense? Maybe it doesn't have to?

Hmm.

Well, anyway, there was a lot to be thankful for on that day. I am deeply thankful that we are all still alive. I am thankful that God surrounded us with so many amazing people who cared for us and who went way beyond the call of duty in tending to our needs. It was incredible! I am thankful for the really nice rental car we got to drive. Sweet ride! I'm thankful we got home safe and sound, even though I freaked out pretty good when we hit another snow storm on the way home. That was awful. But we made it.

Yeah, I've got reason to be thankful. Oh! And I'm thankful that the paperwork for the insurance is finally done, as of a few days ago! Don't get in any car accidents -- the paperwork is too much of a hassle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks,I love your comments!