Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Winter Here

We have had a beautiful winter here so far! I want to show you some pictures from December. We came close to - if we didn't hit - a record snowfall for the month. It all melted after Christmas, but more is coming, don't worry. And good thing, too... there is nothing sadder-looking than a cold, brown and gray winter landscape with no clean white snow to freshen things and reflect back the much-needed light. So here are some pictures from December of our beautiful snowscapes so far:


This is my front yard, a lone tree by the little sheep pasture. I love the way this little tree is dressed in its winter finery. So elegant!

This lone bench is also out in my front yard.



Bush with red berries. (Not at my place, but at a place where I go often.)


Across the back yard.

Down at the corner.


Isn't it beautiful? The pictures don't do it justice. It's like living on the front of a Christmas card out here in the winter. God's artwork is the best! I do hope we don't have to move this year. That would be so painful. I don't want to think about it. I will just enjoy the beauty. There is enough of it to fill my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks,I love your comments!